Eddie Murphy Really Needs To Rethink His PR Strategy

I’m doing this one Gossip Girl-style (cause I’m nothing if not a teenage girl):

Spotted on the 405: Eddie M, going the extra mile this morning to promote his latest comedy abortion. Guess no one told him Meet Dave’s friend request was denied.

You know what they say, Starship Dave: in this town, you should never get a big head. It only leads to trouble. And freeway delays.

Until then, you know you love me.

XOXO

The Jay

*h/t to the evilschultz Twitter file for bravely snapping this picture and not getting into an accident in the Sepulveda Pass. Your journey to the wastelands of Culver City was not in vein, good sir.

(Follow me on Twitter @jasonamatthews)

About Jason Matthews

Jason Matthews is the head writer for TheJay.com. The site has been nominated for two Weblog Awards (Best Culture Blog, 2006 & 2007), and has been featured on more than 100 websites, including the IMDB, Defamer, College Humor, USA Today’s Pop Candy (Written by Whitney Matheson), Entertainment Weekly’s PopWatch, BestWeekEver.tv, Gorilla Mask and eBaum’s World. Jason is also an accomplished playwright. He is currently the Writer-in-Residence at the Ruskin Group Theatre, where through their showcase “Café Plays”, he has written and produced forty-five one-act plays, and premiered his full-length debut comedy ‘Four Night Stand’ to a sold out six-week run in Spring 2010. In addition to his work online and in theatre, Jason was the host of PopLoad on NowLive.com from January – May 2007, and was the Editor-in-Chief of the popular Santa Barbara-based arts magazine CampusPOINT from June 2000 – June 2002. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Film Studies from UC Santa Barbara, and an intense love for Ben Affleck and Keanu Reeves. Find Jason Matthews on Twitter @ www.Twitter.com/jasonamatthews
This entry was posted in Celebrity, Eddie Murphy, Eddie Murphy's Giant Head. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Eddie Murphy Really Needs To Rethink His PR Strategy

1. Miriam says:

You’re a genius. :)

2. Alyse says:

Terrifying. The only thing scarier than Eddie Murphy these days is a giant Eddie Murphy head.

3. Pingback: Eddie Murphy(’s giant head) spotted on the 405! | LA Snark

4. What do you mean “giant” head?

That’s actual size.

– John

5. Joss says:

somebody’s getting a whole lotta head!

filthyrichmond.blogspot

6. Vale says:

It looks more like Tracy Morgan to me.

7. Jason says:

That’s me in the mustang, I followed him around for like 20 minutes before I finally gave up, think he knew I was onto him :P

8. JG says:

considering his ego, it’s done to scale!

9. Joel says:

Holy Crap! Trees on the 405!

/Not sure if that’s the 405.

10. Phil says:

Can you even point to Culver City on a map you putz?

11. Kojiro says:

Not buying it. For such a big head, it doesn’t cast any shadow…

12. Hanson says:

Look at all the skid marks on the 405. Thats
    very normal for any L.A. freeway.

13. I saw this at a service plaza off the Pennsylvania Turnpike about a month ago. If I’d had a camera with me, I’d have blogged it, too.

14. The Jay says:

Phil: Did you just get all up in arms about my slight of Culver City? As they say where I come from: uh… gofuckyourself. It wasn’t like I insulted your MOTHER!

15. noob slurpee says:

To Kojiro:

I can see what you’re getting at. The photo does looked doctored. The trees and rear tire of the trailer to the right of the head look fuzzy, and not in the same way as the pixelation that occurs when rendering an image to a lo-res JPEG, but like someone using the clone tool in Photoshop.

However, I do believe Eddie Murphey would do something like this. Hilarious!

16. noob slurpee says:

Oh yeah, this was FARKed.

17. Pingback: Has Eddie Murphy Lost His Head? « Teh Awesome Story of the Day

18. nat says:

if it were a doctored photo, somebody did a damn good job as you can even see the reflection of eddie murphy’s dumb ass head in the hood of the car that the photographer is in…

p.s. very funny jason. xoxo indeed…

19. Pingback: Brain Candy: Thursday Edition | CandyKirby.com | Humor Column, Pop Culture, Sex, Funny News, It's CandyTV

20. Pingback: Has Eddie Murphy Lost His Head? « POP SUEY

21. Pingback: The things we carry, and the places in which we carry them « When in roam